Dear fellow passengers and pilots,
While I have thoroughly enjoyed my office view from 800ft above the Lowcountry, I have made the difficult decision to close Holy City Helicopters.
I started Holy City Helicopters in 2014 because I saw an amazing opportunity to flip an existing company to improve and expand it. From 3-year-old kids, to Forbes billionaires, to celebrating a centenarian; I have had numerous amazing experiences over the years:
• I’ve been able to witness countless proposals, weddings and even surprise elopements!
• I utilized the helicopters’ abilities to survey hurricane damage to help companies gain perspective of hard-hit areas and provide post-storm emergency assistance by flying hundreds of pounds of food into a town cut off by flooding.
• I was airborne during the solar eclipse and it was truly amazing to watch as the sun’s shadow encapsulated the ground beneath me.
• I provided access to unique views and experiences for photographers looking to improve their photography skills and portfolio.
• I partnered with local boat companies to get aerial action shots of their vessels. Those were always particularly fun for me!
• I reveled in having a job where I had the best seat in the house for our beautiful Lowcountry sunsets.
• Even the not so obvious fun stuff, like watching SCPA break ground and grow over the years, while doing land sight surveys and documenting their monthly development progress. All of which has taught me that this job was not only unique, but also gave me the opportunity to witness exclusive aerial views on a daily basis.
I mention these experiences not to boast, but because I am truly proud and thankful for the memories and connections I have made through flight.
It was my absolute pleasure to meet new people and show them a unique perspective of the city. It always brought me great joy when speaking with strangers in public only to learn that they themselves or someone they knew had an enjoyable flight. I had a great team of employees over the years that helped me grow the company and consistently provide safe flights.
I sincerely want to thank everyone who flew with us. Thank you all for being a part of the Holy City Helicopter family and for sharing the laughs, smiles (and only a few screams) over the years!
Blue skies and fair weather,